Google

Sunday, August 12, 2007

New Lawn Mower

I tried to mow my lawn last week. I think it was on Friday. And guess what? The mower, POS that it is, fell apart around me again while mowing. Three weeks ago, I was mowing and the new muffler fell off. Then this last time I mowed, the oil started spurtin' out again and the top came loose from covering the engine. When I tried to restart it, the line wouldn't stay taut enough to even attempt to start the engine since the top was loose. Grrr... NOT again...

I looked at what was fixed to hold the top down and saw what broke. (It was all jury-rigged together anyway by the man I paid to F-I-X my lawnmower.) I found some extra pieces of metal strapping and tried to re-bolt the top down again where it would stay. That was successful. I checked the oil since it had leaked all out again. It was way too low. I re-filled the oil, but as I was doing so, I could see it just pouring out of the engine block. It was at this point I knew the mower was dead and no amount of fixing up was going to fix this thing right.

I had only successfully mowed half the lawn by this time, and I was pretty angry and upset. Nothing I could do though, except go have a good cold beer.

Lo and behold, I was talking to a friend (check out his blog, too, by the way, Cyclic Connotations) mid-week, and he just happened to ask the magic question. "Do you want to buy it?" Buy what, you may ask? He was trying to sell his riding lawn mower! Whoa - talk about good timing! I said sure, and a few days later (today) he shows up to give me an impromptu riding lesson, and off I went!

Once again, my lawn is now fully mowed - and I got to SIT down doing it. WoooooHoo! Jason - Geek Squad may suck, but your Karma is back up where it belongs. :)

1 comment:

Jason Kramer said...

Dude! You rock. I needed that pat on the back... Thanx, man!