Google

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Rolled Roofing

I had never heard that term before, but I was talking to a pal and he suggested I use that to help seal my chicken coop roof. So, this past weekend, my wife was out and about and went to Lowe's. Since she was going, I asked her to check and see if they had this wonderful rolled roofing stuff. She came home with my rolled roofing and forgot to get the stuff she went for. Now that's a sign of a keeper! (My wife, not the rolled roofing...)

After I mowed my lawn (and having the muffler fall off, that had just got replaced..) I finished putting the roof on the coop. Rolled roofing is basically one gigantic shingle rolled up into a roll. You unroll and let the material expand and relax a bit, then cut it to the size you need. I cut 4 pieces of about 4 1/2 feet long, and nailed it down on the roof. As I was laying the roof down, the skies darkened, and decided to rain before I was finished. Luckily it stopped after 5 minutes and let me finish before it really started pouring down.

Now, when I return from my vacation next week, I will finish the fence, and buy some chickens! And, I PROMISE I'll try and get some more pictures up here. Just in case any of you are still interested in seeing the progress from the last pictures I posted.

See-Eye-Ay-Oh for now.

No comments: