Google

Monday, July 2, 2007

Chicken Coop Part 1

Yesterday was a beautiful day here in New Hampshire. The sun was out and the sky was a beautiful deep sky blue. The voluminous white clouds floated on by obscuring the bright light of the sun every once in awhile. Temperature's were in the 70's. It was a great day to start on my chicken coop!

I started by building a base for the chicken coop floor. Then I put the 4 'legs' on so the floor would be two feet above the ground. I took another base structure to put near the top for my roof. I did all this with a bunch of scrap wood I had gathered from various people looking to get rid of scrap lumber. After I got my main support structure up I started in on the walls and roof. I'll post pictures of my progress so you can see it getting put together. Today I hope to finish! I need to put some nesting boxes, a perch, and finish the walls and roof.

Next thing you know we'll be eating fresh eggs for breakfast and watching chickens run around. Our dog will go crazy! Maybe this will keep her from going across the stream to chase the neighbors chickens and goats!

No comments: