Google

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Our first Egg!!


The chickens have survived this winter so far. The temp got 11 degrees below zero the other day, and the next morning, I was worried that I might not open the door to 4 living chickens. But, lo and behold they were all happy and healthy, AND we got our first eggs yesterday! I found one in the morning, but it was cracked and frozen, so I think it may have been laid earlier that night or early morning. Then my son went out later and opened the door to check, and found another in the same spot as the first! This one was perfect. My son then asked later, "Since I found the first egg, can I eat it?" First egg, meaning, first edible one. This morning for breakfast, I fried it up, put it on an English muffin with some ham... and my son said, "This is the best egg ever!"

Here's a few pictures, and a video, in case you were interested And as always, clicking on it will give you a bigger picture.












No comments: