Google

Monday, January 7, 2008

More Eggs!

I went to give the chickens fresh water and food this morning, and brought the flashlight to look for eggs, just in case. I never thought we'd get any this winter since I decided to let nature take its course, and not add extra light to the coop. I let the door down, and then opened the back to switch out water. I shined the flashlight in, and saw that Killer, our Barred Rock was already down off her perch and pecking at the food. I didn't see any eggs though.

Well, as I was almost to work, my cell rang. My son was calling to let me know he found an egg on the door. I asked if he knew where the egg carton was to put it in. And he said "It doesn't matter, Dad - I'm eating it for breakfast!" Then, when I said, "Hey, don't Mommy and Daddy get a chance at eating one of the eggs," he replied, "I found it! I get to eat it!"

My wife and I better get busy finding our own eggs!

No comments: