Google

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Summer is gone

I haven't wanted to admit it, and even though it isn't yet the official first day of Fall, Summer is gone. Temperature's are fading, not reaching those nice highs of 90s or even 80s. Today was a high of around 66. (It still felt warmer outside than it did inside my house though...) and tonight, there is actually a freeze warning! SEPTEMBER 16th??? Freeze warning????

Our garden is not so good. Corn is drying out and dying. Pumpkin plants are dying as well. The biggest pumpkin we have is turning orange. All the vines seem to be dying. The other three pumpkins that we had, are small, and I don't think they are growing any bigger either.

As soon as September rolled around, the weather has gotten cooler, and the days have been more cloudy, and rainy. I just think it's weird... As soon as September got here, Mother Earth, Nature, whatever seemed to know that meant fall. Cool temperatures, and shorter days for sure!

Anyway, all I wanted to say was Fall is here. I decided it is not worth denying anymore. I just don't want to think about cold weather and snow! It's bad enough oil is so expensive.

It has been a wonderful summer.... Goodbye warm weather and barbecues.

No comments: